Monday, June 9, 2008

Political Me

Yes, I will admit it.

I'm a bit of a political junkie. The only problem is, I can't find a decent fix. As you can see at right, I'm a conservative...but I just can't get excited about John McCain. I suppose he's a good man. I know he's a bona fide war hero, but there are just too many issues on which we differ. With other elections I've had at least a couple of points of agreement to which I could cling. Not so much this time.

In the primary, I voted "Uncommitted". It was all over by the time we had ours, though I'd hoped Fred Thompson or Duncan Hunter would've done better so I could at least throw them a symbolic vote. There wasn't a space to write someone in, or I would've written in Ronald Reagan. Just because I miss him. I disagreed with some of his points - more so with Nancy's - but what a man!

Oh, I'll vote for McCain, alright. Preventative voting, you could call it. But I won't like it.

No comments: