Friday, April 25, 2008

I'm still just heartsick

I still cannot even discuss the Texas FLDS situation rationally.

It's amazing. Like watching a terrible train wreck in slow motion.

I'm no fan of polygamy, and I am an adult survivor of sexual abuse by a non-family member. I do not in any way condone the belief system in place. And I'm nothing more than a fellow sinner...yet saved by Grace.

That said, the state of Texas is punishing the wrong people! They've separated the mothers from the children all the while accusing the MEN of being molesters. Why didn't they just remove the men? Arrest them, try them and PUNISH THEM if they're guilty! Why didn't they take them? Because they COULDN'T. CPS knew they would never get away with violating those mens' rights so they went to the weakest - the children. And they're controlling the women with the children.

Classic scenario of a predator.

No comments: