Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I haven't had time to "really" craft,


but this remake of the ugly pullcord on my pull-down attic steps was a welcome change. I'd been wanting to do it for a while.

I replaced the cord with wire on which I'd woven beads I found on clearance at that Wal store. The picture is terrible, but certainly gives the general idea of what I did. There is no way these pics could do the beads justice...or convey to you the fact that my wall and ceiling aren't nearly as dirty as they seem! But here goes...

Want more fantastic ideas? Head on over to W8tng4Him

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I came here because of WFMW but I had to comment on your treasured 9 y.o. Mine too. Last month. Sigh.

The Book Lady Online said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I'm so glad the tip about salad helped you.

I love your idea. I would never have thought to get crafty on the pull cord of our attic stairs(I am NOT crafty). What a clever idea. Thanks for sharing it. I hope I get to use it here, too.

Lori

Debbie J said...

You've turned a plain old string into something sweet and pretty! Its the small touches that make a home a "home". Don't you just love that word, "home". I do!

Ginny said...

Very clever. What a great way to make an unsitely thing into a work of art. Thanks for sharing your project. I may have to try this one.

Mom2fur said...

That's such a great idea! Those pullcords are so boring, but you've made a real 'designer' one!

Terri said...

That is a very clever idea. I love it!

Candace said...

How clever! I like it!

momawake said...

How creative!