Thursday, May 22, 2008

I'm Drinking from my Saucer

Have you ever heard of this sweet song? I'm living the lyrics right now. God is blessing me so very richly with much needed friendships. I prayed for friends - real friends, Titus 2 friends - and He is answering that prayer with "good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over..."

Yep, that's right! I prayed for you to enter my life. Y'all know who you are. And if you don't, I'm not conveying my heart properly. But I think you know, don't you?!

Here are all the lyrics to this song that is going through my head so often these days:

"I've never made a fortune and it's prob'ly too late now

But I don't worry about that muchI'm happy anyhow

And as I go along life's journeyI'm reaping better than I sow

I'm drinking from my saucer

'Cause my cup has overflowed

Haven't got a lot of riches and sometimes the going's tough

But I've got loving ones around meand that makes me rich enough

I thank God for His blessings and the mercies He's bestowed

I'm drinking from my saucer

'Cause my cup has overflowed

O, Remember times when things went wrong

My faith wore somewhat thin

But all at once the dark clouds broke and sun peeped through again

So Lord, help me not to gripeabout the tough rows that I've hoed

I'm drinking from my saucer

'Cause my cup has overflowed

If God gives me strength and courage

When the way grows steep and rough

I'll not ask for other blessings

I'm already blessed enough

And may I never be too busyto help others bear their loads

Then I'll keep drinking from my saucer

'Cause my cup has overflowed!"

-Lyrics by Jimmy Dean

1 comment:

meetinglady said...

Great Song. What a blessing, yes I'm drinking from my saucer because my blessings have overflowed.