Friday, May 23, 2008

My Tightwad Testimony

I knew that I wanted the Complete Tightwad Gazette. So, I went to Barnes & Noble where I immediately began berating myself for wanting to spend money on a book about saving money! And anyway, the clerk said there was a copy in-store, but we couldn't find it. So I prayed. Right there in B&N. "Lord, if this is something I would use and from which my family would benefit, please make it available and ON SALE."

Within one minute the clerk returned with a smiling lady. She held the book out and chuckled, "I've carried this all over the store, but really had not come in here specifically for it. I'd decided to just buy it because I had it in hand. I really don't need it -- here." And she handed it over.

Well, that had been a two part prayer! I thought as she handed it over, "I hope it's only around $20 or I'll make a complete fool of myself by not buying it after all this trouble."

Do I need to tell you that I wept openly when I saw the $5.98 price on the sale sticker?

No comments: